This promises to be our best conference yet to date!
Join us for the Fifth Annual California Teacher Corps Conference in beautiful Old Town Sacramento. Featuring dynamic keynote speakers and opportunities to collaborate with colleagues, the conference promises to be an exemplary professional development opportunity for Program leaders.
Your voice is essential! Join us for these exciting events that are sure to leave you energized and inspired!
Thursday February 26, 2015
3:00 - 4:00pm: Registration
4:00: CTC updates
5:30pm: Specal Education Dinner
5:30 General Educaton Dinner
Panel Discussion to follow Dinner
Friday February 27, 2015
8:00am - 4:30pm
WHERE: Embassy Suites Sacramento Riverfront Promenade
COST: $375.00 per person for the entire Conference.
Includes CATC membership for 2015!
The conference fee includes:
Thursday, February 26th from 4:00pm to 8:00pm
• Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) update
• Special Education and General Education Dinner with updates
• Panel Discussion on Developing Collaborative Partnerships.
Friday, February 27th from 8:00am to 3:30pm
• The New Directors Meeting. This session, led by CTC Intern Program Consultant, Catherine Kearney, Ed.D., is designed for new Intern directors and other individuals desiring information about the administration of alternative route programs.
• Updates from the NAAC President, NAAC Regional Director and The California Teacher Corps President
• Laura Lipton and Bruce Wellman: Mentoring, Coaching and Supporting New teachers.
• Presentation of the Michael McKibbin Awards by Michael McKibbin, Ph.D.
The conference this year is held in a beautiful location – the Embassy Suites (All Suites) Hotel situated on the Sacramento River within walking distance of museums, restaurants, shopping, and historic Old Town. There is free Airport Shuttle, Free Full Breakfast, Free Hotel Manager's Reception
For hotel booking (book early!)
Embassy Suites – Sacramento
100 Capitol Mall, Sacramento, CA 95814-3244
Please note that if you attempt to book additional nights before or after the date of February 26th it will indicate that no rooms are available.
Nominate someone you know for the Michael
McKibbin Outstanding Educator Award
The best way to raise awareness about alternative certification is to highlight the outstanding teachers who are within our programs and who are making a real difference in the classroom. The California Teacher Corps Michael McKibbin Outstanding Educator Award is designed to honor an outstanding educator in California who has completed, or is currently enrolled in, an Alternative Certification credentialing route.
First Place: $500
Second Place: $250
Third Place: $250
Nomination forms are due on February 1, 2015. Submit your nomination today!
Laura Lipton, EdD
and motivation from
Laura and Bruce.
Join the conversation
on the support, mentoring,
and supervision of